Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

The fuel alarm


On Wednesday we were motoring along when suddenly the fuel alarm sounded. I slowed down checked the engine oil pressure and tempature. All OK. The engine was running well so we headed for our stop at Loggerhead. I checked the Racor filter and found about 10 drops of water. I did not believe we had a water problem.

Thursday we headed for Vero Beach. The alarm started all over again, so we phoned Hinkley in Stuart. The gentleman said he would see what he could do. He understood we were in transit and needed help. I phoned back to see how he was doing. The reply was his machanic was busy he could not talk to him today. At this time as we waited the key alarm went off. The only way to turn it off was to turn the battery off. I phoned Yanmar in Georgia who agreed with me that with so little water in the Racor and a second alarm it was more likely an electrical problem. They gave me a number for their Florida Devission. They gave me the number for their Fort Pierce dealer. The Fort Pierce dealer he may be able to look at it May 13 or 14.

It was at this point I remembered Al's Mobile Marine. He had helped us with a pump problem in November at Marineland Marina. I talked to him and we agreed to meet when I got the boat closer to Daytona.

We stayed in Stuart about 2 hours. This meant we would be going under The Fort Pierce Bridge too close to high tide we decided to stay at The Fort Pierce City Marina South of the bridge.

Today we are headed for Vero Beach. I am doing about 2200 rpm with no alarm. If I speed up it starts to beep.

Fort Pierce City Marina.


Star IV
Owned by John and Hanne Welsh they are good friends of Chris Rich.


No comments:

Post a Comment