Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Not a good day so far, but things may change

So I waited until 1:30 to phone Al and left a message. All I said was we were wondering how things were going. Al called me back and seemed mad at me. I do not know what I did or said, but he seemed to be mad at me. He said nothing had happened he had only had the parts for 24 hours. He would take it to his favorite shop and it would be 2 or 3 weeks.

I asked him if there was any way he could ask for a favour as he had told me he would. His reply was no he was not going to ask anyone for favour he had asked for too many already this spring. Then he said I was welcome to call anyone I knew. 

I phoned Jim France and talked to Leisa his assistance. After I explained how desperate I was and my tenuous connection, she said she would make some phone calls. Fortunately while never having met Pat Purcel she knew the name. After about 10 minutes she got back to me and said they had no machining capacity at the track. The head of the garage said he would send any of his work to Palm Beach.

I then heard from Doug Dykens the Yanmar Distrbutor for Florida. He knew Al and said they could do it in St Petersburg in a day or two. I told him that I had offered to take the parts for Al, but Al was not recievtive to this idea. He said he would call Al and see what he could arrange. It is 4:30 and I have not heard back. 

We have heard back from Al who has talked to Doug. I will not say any more other then we are picking up the parts tomorrow from Al and taking them to Doug. There will be more but for now this is all. Trish and I are upset but are dealing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment