Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

I have some how hurt the engine

Somehow water is spraying up and getting into the engine through the turbo charger.

Last November we came into Marineland to fix our AC pump. it was not working even though it was only a year old. While replacing it Al found a little rust on the engine and salt deposits on the air intake. We thought the water was coming from the drip less stuffing box when I suddenly referred while going aground. At Al suggestion I put a skirt made of a door mat between the stuffing box and the engine. As of January there was no rust so I thought it was working.

Then the alarm went off and we checked the filters. There was no water so we kept going. It seems the water was coming in the air-intake. On Tuesday I checked the wires on the engine only to find that it was rusted much worst then last year. Al has taken the turbo off plus some other parts and decided the block has to come off and be sent to a machine shop. Exactly what the machine shop will do I do not know.

We are frustrated and upset, but there is nothing we can do but wait. Al has gone now to do some other repairs and has promised to be back today. I am hopping he makes it back tomorrow, for I do not think he will make it back this evening.

The motor



No comments:

Post a Comment