Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Day 89 (I think) and Life continues to be an Adventure

Two days ago Trish and I fixed up our boat tilter and had it all ready for yesterday. During the night I woke up concerned something could go wrong. I decided to change plans. When we got up the decission was made to send Trish up the mast to retrieve the wind instructments. By my calculations the top of the mast is just over 63 feet. The trilight is 2 1/4 inches. This makes the mast 63' 3" not counting the VHF antena which is 66 and bends. 
We went under 5 bridges all at high tide. The VHF banged and bent but did not break.




Life continued to present challenges. As we approached the Marina we were going to stay at we went aground in the middle of the channel. We tried the right side then the left side to no avail. The Marina sent a boat out and we followed her in. This made four groundings. We headed for another port. It is starting to feel and look like Florida. Both Trish and I put shorts on today. Here are some pictures of Inlet Harbor Marina.


No comments:

Post a Comment