Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Beaufort Your not in Annapolis anymore

In Annapolis they had lots of mooring balls, but also plenty of room to anchor. The mooring balls were almost all for transients and controlled by the harbor master. Beaufort does nothing to encourage cruisers. They have one dingy dock which is hard to find and almost no anchoring. The mooring balls are mostly used by small unused sailboats which look as if they have been put there to appear from shore as a cruiser friendly port, but in effect does the oppose.
Yesterday we put the dingy in the water and motored up to the town from our anchorage about a mile away. Just as we we're looking for the dingy dock, which we did not find the Honda died and we could not get it going. As I was rowing back against the current a kind gentleman off of "Gollie" gave us a tow.
I got the motor running but will not trust it yet so we moved up in front of the town dingy dock. I called the town dock master who was able to tell me where the dock was, but basically said if you wanted a boat fixed you should not have come to Beaufort. Hopefully Beaufort will be better then Beaufort.
We will go into town and decide later if we stay here for the night. Trish thinks this is too mean spirited, so if I change my mind after going to town I may change it a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment