Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

On our way to Barnegat

This morning I woke up about 6:30. I looked at the marine weather and realized there was a good chance a north wind close to shore would not creat large waves. I woke Trish and said we should at least try to go. 
It was a cool but beautiful day which I did not want to waste if possible.
As we crossed Raritan Bay we had waves of about a foot and wind up to 15 knots. About an hour and a half later we were in the Atlantic. The wind was less then a knot with little or no wave, but a three foot swell from the east. We have been gently rocking but not hitting any waves. Thanks to a current we have been going about 7.9 to8 knots with just less then 2400 RPM. Using Colin Campbell's formula we will use about 11 gallons of diesel.
Ore big disapointment is we have seen no whales, dolfins or seals.

First a picture of my exhausted crew.

Now some of the Atlantic.





No comments:

Post a Comment