Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The NYYC Invitational

Trish and I just returned from New Port R.I. where we watched the third New York Yacht Club Invitational. four years ago in 2009 they invited 20 clubs to compete in an even sailing race. The idea was that the best sailor would win not the best boat. Twenty New York 42 built by Nautor Swan with identical sails would race every two years off New Port.

The crews would be from yacht clubs from around the world. If you would like to see an impressive list of clubs go to the NYYC web page and look at their section for The Invitational. In the first race we, the Royal Canadian Yacht Club did very well coming second to the host NYYC. two years ago we surprised every one and won the regatta easily. This year it was anything but easy. After three races Lachmont lead with 6 points and we were far behind with 30. Races 4 through 8 were then won by RCYC, our club. The last race was abandoned and we beat Lachmont by 6 points.

I have lots of pictures but we are hurrying off to Denver to see the grandchildren. I will have more later, but for now i will give you a poor video. I hope my camera work improves.



No comments:

Post a Comment