Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Newport R.I.


Now that I am back from Denver I will be able to catch up on the blog. We arrived in Newport RI from Mystic before Noon on September 12th. First we went to The New York Yacht Club to sign in and see if they had any information on that's days racing. All we found out was they had not started the first race.
My sisters Trish and I then proceeded to The Inns of Newport not to check in but to park our cars and walk to Lunch. It was a short walk to The Black Pearl where we had a fabulous lunch, mostly Lobster. Trish wanted to head right back to the Inn so Mary, Margaret, Joan and I walked over to the Newport Shipyard. When we got there it turned out they were hosting the brokers show (used yachts) for The Newport Boat Show. The new boat show was on but we had tickets for Sunday so skipped it for now.
Once in the brokers show we were in for a treat. While we did not board any of the yachts we did get to go up next to them and get a good look at another world. I have included some pictures of the yacht for sale. The price tags if there was one tended to be in the 6 to 7 million range.






On Thursday night NYYC held a lobster dinner for all the competitors and supporters. Needless to say it was fantastic. NYYC their staff and members could not have been more gracious host. RCYC had about 80 supporters while Seattle Yacht Club came a close second with about 65.





Everyone enjoying Lobster under the tent

One of the few pictures available of me in a bib standing beside our Commodore Jamie Keating


No comments:

Post a Comment