Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The 4th of July

On the 4th of July we all got up and went into Plainsville to share their pancake breakfast. as soon as we finished we were off to Enfield to go trail riding. I have always loved horses, but never had much to do with them out side if a racetrack. Last year we went riding with Mary so we thought we would do it again. This time we would be on a trail. This included our youngest daughter Kelly who travels with us. She did great and really enjoyed it.

I have an ambitious plan to include several videos, so here goes. The horse backing video would not upload to YouTube so I just uploaded it from the computer. It does not seem to have come out so well, but it is all I have









Next came swimming, dinner, and fireworks. The Thurbers have a great pool at the side of their home. There is no better place to be then a pool on a hot day. The dinner of beer, martinis and hamburgers was wonderful, but we were all anxiously awaiting the firework show provided by Bill and Fred.

Mary Thurber and Kelly with Trish getting Kelly off Younger


Now for the fireworks which were amazing. They went on and on getting bigger and higher all the time. At one point there was a little competition from a neighbour. I said that sounded like a machine gun. The response from the locals was simply "That was a machine gun". I have only included a very brief bit of the show.


The next day we rested, shopped and played golf. I use to play but have not practiced for years. I pared two holes but had far too many really bad shots. In my defence I had intended to play more this spring, but the combination of bad weather and a new boat I did nothing. Following golf we had another swim and off to Skunk Hallow for dinner.






No comments:

Post a Comment