Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Annual Trip to the Boat Show

For years my wife and I have gone to the Toronto Boat Show. In the beginning while being members go The Yacht Club we neither owned a boat nor did we sail. We would look and dream of the future when we would actually own a yacht.
This year having just bought not only the  most beautiful but best equipped yacht in the world we had little to buy, but went anyway to see our friends. I did stop by the Dubarry booth and bought a pair of shoes from Terry McLaughlin who represents Dubarry in Canada. As most of you know Terry is one of if not the best sailor in Canada. I suppose to make me jealous he told me that by Sunday (yesterday) he would be in Keywest. John Hele has his New York 42 there starting to get ready for the New York Yacht Club Invitational this September. There will be lots more on the NYYC Invitational as it gets closer. I will let you know that Trish and I and my sisters already have rooms booked in Newport.
The show is presented in the Direct Energy Centre which includes The Ricoh Center where The Toronto Maple Leaf's farm team The Marlies play. Each year the boat show take the ice out and install a lake. This year Duma the wakeboarding dog was performing.


No comments:

Post a Comment