Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Lunch at The Fontainebleau

On Friday we travelled to Miami Beach. On the way we went through South Beach, but since we are not very mobile we did not stop. We decided to go to The Fontainebleau for lunch.
Not knowing where to park we went to the front door. We were told that there was only valet parking and it was $25. We said we only wanted lunch and did not want to pay $25 dollars to park. The kind gentleman said we could get our ticket validated by our waitress, but could only stay 5 hours. I said we would be much less then 5 hours so he could have the car.
Our dinner was very nice but over priced. At least we were not paying $25 to park. For insurance purposes a bell hop had to wheel Trish to the restaurant. I tip him at a rate of about $50 an hour. On the way back the insurance companies gave us a pass and I was able to wheel Trish to the car.
It was here that I found out the cost was not $25 but $12.00 for 5 hours. I was not happy but to get the car I paid. I told the gentleman who brought the car around I had left his tip with the lady in the booth. 
We drove home on another magnificent day.









No comments:

Post a Comment