Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Just about time to head home

Yesterday we decided to search for a restaurant on the water and eat lunch. It may be our last day to do this. Friday it is suppose to rain and Saturday we start the trek home. We are all ready even if it is still winter in Toronto.

Our accommodation has been excellent, but! There is no golf walking distance from the house and I felt guilty taking the car for half a day. I did try to go and arrange a second game at Bonita Fairways, which was by no gage a great course. I drove over got out of the car and asked the starter how busy he was that day. Remember the day I played had a lot of room for many more players. I teed off as a two sum. He without looking at me dismissed me with "I have a league right now" and walked away.
I went home and did not play again. I tried to go to a driving range while Trish was in Saks Fifth Ave, but they only accepted cash and I had none.

The home had very nice walking paths which with Kelly's help we used a lot. These paths did not go anywhere close to the ocean. The house was about 10 miles from the ocean. While we were in Florida we were nowhere near boats. The biggest problem is total lack of any social contact. The neighbours are very nice when we meet them, but we never meet them. We have seen many Ontario licence plates, but no one we knew.

Back to our lunch Thursday. We ate at Bonita's Bills in Fort Myers Beach. The menu included peel your own shrimp. Trish and I had one order of shrimp and fries, while Kelly ate hot dog. The pound and a half of shrimp was excellent and all we needed. They also had live entertainment which was very good. We ate outside because Kelly is bothered by loud music unless it is blaring through her ear phones.
A rare picture of the three of us

A shrimp boat headed out

Fort Myers Beach Harbour. To the right are yachts on mooring balls.

Kelly and Trish waiting for lunch as I explore

Bonita's Bills

Looking across the Intercoastal


No comments:

Post a Comment