Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29, 2014

On January 28, 2014 Trish and I along with very good friends Roger Conant and Linda Sully went on a Cruise aboard The Carnival Splendor. We had an uneventful trip to the boat from Toronto thanks to Porter Airlines and Carnival Cruise Lies. Last week we had a call asking us to upgrade to a suite. We debated but finally Trish said yes. Along with a larger room we got Priority Boarding. This was a godsend. The boat is full and the line up we avoided was two or three hours long.

The one thing I would do differently is next time I would take the train to Penn Station from the airport then a taxi. The shuttle took about an hour and a half to get to the airport. Well you live and learn. This is a learning experience and so far we have found out we like the larger cabin, the priority boarding and the Steak House. Last night we had to pay extra but had a wonderful dinner. We did not have to pay that much more because having reserved for the first night we got a free bottle of red wine and a glass of white wine for Roger.

I have included several pictures. The boat is rolling a bit, but so far is fine by us. I don’t know if it is OK for the rest of the passengers. There are plenty around, but Trish and I got a window seat for breakfast.


As a private aside to all at home we are having a great time but miss you all.




Thanks to my sister Joan Trish and I were welcomed by flowers



Waves 10 feet high!

Excellent Ocean Suite








No comments:

Post a Comment