Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

July 16 Sodus Bay


On Tuesday we had an uneventful cruise to Sodus Bay a large enclosed bay on the American side of the lake. We went to The Sodus Bay Yacht Club which has competed against our Club for a 100 tears or so.

It was extremely hot so we all went in swimming. Generally everyone around the lake like everywhere else are very friendly and helpful. Not so in Sodus. The Yacht club could not have been more welcoming, but my sisters phoned the only laundry facilities in the small beach community to see if they could do some laundry. The reply was no!. First thing Wednesday morning I rowed the dingy over to the large marina next to the Yacht Club. I was wearing a life jacket when i asked if a mechanic could look at my our board motor which would not start. The answer once again was short and to the point. NO! I asked if there was anyone in town. Once again the answer was NO!

I was then asked what kind of motor it was. When i told them it was a Honda they said oh Ernie fixes Honda's and proceeded to give me road directions to Ernie's.

I felt saying something flip but just thanked them for their help and rowed back. It occurred to me i should take the life jacket off and come in the front door asking to buy a boat as we were about to close the deal I would ask if they repaired out boards.


No comments:

Post a Comment